Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our New Home in the Country!



Gracie K. and Nick are happy to report that the Strunc family has got the heck out of Dodge and have settled out in the country. Nick loves the 2.5 acres or freedom away from any traffic and strangers. Gracie loves to give an endless supply of carrots to the horses who have learned to run to the fence when they see her. She parades around in her horse boots and says "wow! horsie!"













Marci is having a blast riding her horses. Mia, my trainer, has helped me so much with my riding and Sam transition from a race horse to a pleasure/dressage horse. I have some bad riding habits from my "cowgirl" days that are hard to break, but I am improving. Ken says Hannah is now his horse, but everyone knows Hannah and I were destined to grow old together. I know Ken is just enjoying her while I am busy with Sam. Nick is riding all by himself now. By next summer I bet Nick and Ken will be going out on trail rides together. His horse Shy is old and kind of ugly, but worth his weight in gold because I can trust him with children. "Pretty is as pretty does" when it comes to Shy and his place in our family. He has a home with us until his last days.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Very nice Blog Marci. I like the new house, and I know Madison looks forward to visiting.

Dan said...

Very nice Blog Marci. I like the new house, and I know Madison looks forward to visiting.